According to a recent study, as many as 1 in 200 people may need a
stem cell transplant in their lifetime.
But what if you had the opportunity to save stem cells,
and store them until they are needed? That’s the reason thousands
of families are banking their baby’s cord blood stem cells.
By saving these stem cells immediately after your child’s birth,
you can store a valuable resource that:
- Has the ability to treat more than 80 diseases like cancer, genetic disorders and immune deficiencies, and save lives
- Is a promising treatment for other disorders like cerebral palsy and diabetes
- Offers a better treatment option since cord blood stem cells from related donors have been shown to have better outcomes than those from unrelated donors
- Is a unique opportunity—you have only one chance, during your child’s birth, to save and store these valuable cells.
- Can help protect your entire family since these stem cells can protect your baby as well as other family members
- Is an accepted source of valuable stem cells supported by leading organizations
"While pregnant with our first child, I learned that close relatives had stored their daughter’s cord blood, so I also decided that this was a small price to pay for peace of mind in the event of a future medical need for stem cells. Education about cord blood storage is a must, so I am campaigning to get obstetricians and midwives to give patients information early in their pregnancy. It’s a shame to miss this opportunity."